- After printing and preparing the final image for the Show, the total matted size must be between 11” x 14” (minimum) and 22” x 28” (maximum). The maximum size of matted panoramic photographs must be 100” total of all four sides. All images (unless printed on canvas, metal or glass) must have at least 2-1⁄2-inch matting on all sides. Note image must have been taken in the last year (Calendar 2018-2019).
- All photographs must be framed (unless printed on canvas, metal or glass) and ready for hanging (wire on the back).
- No alligator clips on the back for hanging. Frames may be any color, of professional quality (no plastic), with hanging wire attached to the frame molding sides (not the frame backing board). Mats must be white or black, and the image must be covered with regular glass or professional Plexiglas (not regular Plexiglas or plastic). Work that cannot be properly hung will be omitted from the Show.
- The back of the work must be marked with the artist’s name, title of piece, sale price and category.
- Images ready for hanging with wire must be delivered to the Roswell Visual Arts Center during regular business hours on Friday, March 1, or Saturday, March 2. There is no check-in procedure.
- Drop off your framed image in the Gallery on the wall of the category of entry.
- If it must be delivered earlier or for questions, please contact Gittel Price at 404-933-5473.
- RPS reserves the right to NOT hang any image not professionally prepared as described above.
- Photographs entered into the Show must remain in the exhibition.
- There will be awards for First through Fourth place and Honorable Mention(s) in the categories of Architecture/ Travel, Nature/Landscape, People/Animals and Still Life/ Abstract, depending on the number of entries per category.
- An RVAC Award, Peachtree Camera and a Robert P. Jones Award will also be presented.
- Prizes will be awarded at the opening reception. Prizes not picked up at the reception may be picked up at the Roswell Visual Arts Center’s office during regular business hours within 30 days of the close of the Show. Prizes not claimed during that time will become the property of the Roswell Photographic Society.
Work may be for sale if desired. A 30% commission will apply to all sales. (Remember this when pricing work for sale.) The artist retains all rights.
DISCLAIMER: By entering this show you verify that you have read the entry application and rules carefully, understand and agree to comply with all the rules, including the waiver of liability and 30% commission. You also understand that the decisions of the judge are final.
LIABILITY: Care will be taken in handling and securing images however, Roswell Visual Arts Center, Roswell Recreation and Parks Department and Roswell Photographic Society assume no responsibility for loss or damage to the work.