Open to all photographers, Adults and children
RPS September 23rd Field Trip
Photos above taken on Canton Street and the alley behind Canton St., by Gittel
- Date: Saturday, October 14, 2023 REGISTER HERE!
- Venue – Downtown Historic Old Roswell, Canton Street.
- Cost – $10.00 for adults and $5.00 for children 12 and under. (This event is open to members and non-members of all ages & levels. Children must be accompanied by an adult. However, if an adult is accompanying the minor and is NOT participating in the competition, they need only indicate they are coming and do not have to pay a fee). All monies collected will given as prize money and pay for our judge. $100 First Place winner.
- Park for free behind the Fire Department on Green Street or at City Hall
- Meetup – 9:00 am. The Heart of Roswell (925 Canton Street across the street from Mac McGees Restaurant, (red building). Sign-in & receive instructions on how to download & enter your images.
- 9:30 to 11:30 – Explore & shoot Downtown Old Historic Roswell.
- 11:30 – Meet at Uncle Jack’s Restaurant, 1105 Canton Street. Lots of tables & chairs out on the front lawn to sit relax & post-process photos. If you finish earlier, just go to the restaurant lawn & sit at the tables and post-process photos. There are lots of chairs on the lawn to sit.
- Judge: Q.Oliver ://www.qoliverphoto.com
- 11:30 am to 1:00 pm – Post-process photos. You may use any phone apps for this. Choose your top 3 images for judging. RPS volunteers will assist you in uploading your images to an online platform.
- 12:00 – All those having lunch will move to the patio to be served. ( if do not want to eat, you may still sit at a table and enjoy conversations & share images with one another).
- 1 pm – We will announce the winners and hand out the checks: First Prize is $100. If you are not present, an e-mail will be sent to you. And all will be sent out in our Newsletter too.
- If want to join us for lunch, please email Gittel Price at firstname.lastname@example.org ,so we may make your reservations ahead of time.
THIS YEAR’S THEME: Black & White – think about making a more creative image by getting closer or higher up or taking a photo of a ordinary item in a different way.
Any questions before, during, or after the photo walk, please text or call: Gittel Price (404-933-5473)
LIABILITY: The City of Roswell and Roswell Photographic Society & Uncle Jack’s Restaurant assume no responsibility for loss, injury, or damage during the photo walk.