This year, our annual photo walk of downtown Roswell was on Saturday, October 2, and it was a “Mobile Challenge”, where participants used smartphones (or tablets) ONLY to capture images of people and things in downtown Roswell. First prize $100. Second and third place cash prizes determined based on the entrance fees collected.
This mobile challenge was open to members and non-members and people of all ages. The entry fee was $10 for each adult and $5 for each child. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Please come prepared with a basic working knowledge of the photo editing software on your smartphone. The worst time to learn software is the moment you need it. You may use any mobile app for this purpose. In-camera apps are generally pretty good, but you may also want to use 3rd party apps such as SnapSeed, PhotoShop Express, LightRoom Mobile or VSCO, just to name a few. The choice is yours, but it must be a mobile app. As far as gear is concerned, any accessory for a smartphone or tablet is allowed, for example, a tripod.
Schedule of Events
- 8:00 am – Meetup at Heart of Roswell (925 Canton Street, in front of Mac McGees Restaurant) for sign-in and instructions on the morning’s program.
- 8:30-10:30 am – Explore and shoot downtown Roswell including around City Hall.
- 10:30 am – 12:00 pm – Each participant may enter three (3) images. You will process your images with your mobile app(s), then head over to the uploading station (our meetup location above), where RPS volunteers will assist you in uploading your images to our online platform. If you need to leave early, a volunteer will be available to help you upload your images between 9:00 am and 12:00 pm.
- If you wish to join your fellow photographers for lunch, please email Gittel Price (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can get an accurate headcount for a reservation.
- 12:15 pm – Mark Alberhasky will judge the images remotely and relay his choices of winning images to us. We will then announce the winners and award the cash prizes. You need not be present to win. Winners not in attendance will be contacted via email or phone.
Any questions before, during or after the photo walk, please call or text: Eric Burkard (770-639-5757) or Gittel Price (404-933-5473).